Consultancy services for international development agencies, governments, NGOs and the private sector
SMEs and Intervention
Many businesses in the fisheries sector are small to medium sized enterprises (SME) and can benefit from improved efficiency, reduced costs, value-addition and better market access.
We assist businesses to make more from less through advisory support, capacity building, product development and improved business management. Examples of initiatives include:
- Capacity building in value-addition and improved handling and quality for private sector (EU, Africa, Asia)
- Capacity building for privates sector in business management (ACP Fish II, Malawi)
- Product development, value addition and business management support for SME (UN FAO, Indonesia)
- Planning and capacity building support for improved fish handling, processing and value-addition initiatives ( DFID/DANIDA, Cambodia).
- Development of value-added products from tuna for private sector and capacity building for Ministry of Fisheries (UN FAO, Maldives)
- Support for improved technology for processing to private sector (EU/VSO, Uganda)