Consultancy services for international development agencies, governments, NGOs and the private sector
Research is essential to understanding the dynamic nature of the fisheries sector and the livelihoods of those engaged in fisheries activities as well as informing decision making and policy
We are experienced in the design and implementation of practical research studies. Examples of recent initiatives include:
- Preparation of country profile reports (EU Strengthening Fishery Products Health Conditions in ACP/OCT Countries).
- Scoping study for proposed ice production business in West Africa including equipment specifications, ice supply and demand issues, provision of business development guidance (Private client)
- Research study to understand market access, small-scale fisheries and ecolabelling opportunities and provide guidance for future small-scale fisheries support strategy (Marine Stewardship Council).
- Study on tools for improving the efficiency of fish processing, handling and marketing activities for the UK Government’s Department for International Development’s (DFID) Research into Use Programme (RIU) (Natural Resources Institute, UK).
- Study on the international fish trade of traditional fish products from west Africa (UN FAO)
- Technical analysis of the industrial and artisanal fish processing sectors of Uganda for national Fisheries Master Plan policy framework (African Development Bank/International Marine Fisheries Company)
- Research and development of improved fish processing methods for lakeshore communities (EU/VSO, Uganda)